Hey! We're back with the second round of our beer pairing series. On the heels of our beer/oyster pairing with Greenpoint Fish & Lobster Company, we'll have Charlito's Cocina in-house for a beer/salami pairing. $15 will get you healthy cuts of 4 of Charlito's premium salamis, as well as 4 Rockaway beers with which to pair them. Salami details below!
1. Campo Seco - Earthy and rustic, sophisticated, yet totally accessible, the "Campo Seco" is made simply with heritage breed pork, and hand-raked sea salt.
- Beer Pairing: 1875 Pale Ale
2. Cerveza Seca - Bold and subtle with a robust autumnal warmth, Cerveza Seca demonstrates how the use of craft beer in the curing process can produce a flavor so enchantingly unique that it eludes classification.
- Beer Pairing: Original ESB
3. Chorizo Seco - Our version of an old time classic, Chorizo Seco is made with heritage breed pork and seasoned with hand-raked sea salt, mild Spanish paprika, and garlic.
- Beer Pairing: Nitro Black Gold Stout
4. Salami Picante was born of a tide of requests for "something hot," a tide that has been rolling in since we began producing salami. The result is a salami that gracefully strikes a harmonious balance between "making sure the heat is felt" and "making sure you can still taste the salami's meaty, salty nuances."
- Beer Pairing: Into the Light Pilsner
As always, Charlito's will be offering salami to-go, cutting boards, and warm raclette all afternoon long!